Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What's BEST!?...

Several years ago on a call-in TV show I heard a woman ask the two hosts: what's the best thing about being a guy? Both of them had the same immediate response: peeing standing up. She was unimpressed. "That's it?" They both remained more than satisfied with their answer. At the time, and for a long time after, that was in the back of my head as my own default answer, should that question ever arise. Best thing about being a fella? Peeing standing up.

Now, I'm starting to rethink even this most basic of male-perks! I started to become thoroughly repulsed by the inevitable ring of sticky floor-pee surrounding every man-accessible toilet, including the one in my home. So I decided to just go ahead & start sitting down unless I was outdoors or at a urinal. It's been a couple months now, and I have to say, I've actually gotten so I prefer it! Not only does it eliminate vulgar floor/shoe/pant-leg pee splatter, I find it much more relaxing. I think my bladder appreciates it: being in a relaxed, resting position so it can just... ledditallgo!!!! (I'm still not a huge fan of putting my butt on shared toilets, but what ya gonna do...)

Anyway, bottom line-- my easy, default answer to best-man-skill just doesn't seem to ring so true anymore. I'm going to have to rethink my whole world view!!! Good, I was getting bored of it again anyway.

Yours in everlasting vulva envy,
J-Mall

No comments: